Dear Prospective Migrant,
Thank you for your interest in Australia’s Skilled Migration Program- the immigration program that has helped over 190,000 migrants each year to resettle in Australia.
The Australian Immigration Authorities are welcoming immigrants like never before. In addition to an exhaustive list of eligible occupations, the immigration process is faster than before to help make your transition to Australia faster.
We take great pride and immense pleasure in sharing the names of some of our clients who very recently received their Skilled Migrant Visas with families are:
Some of the questions and confusions the above clients struggled with before initiating their immigration visa applications with us have been clarified for you as under:
Is Australia Immigration a long process?
The Immigration program is a permanent settlement route with family which can take longer than a visitor or student visa. However, with the Fast Track processing option recently introduced by the Australian departmental offices, it is now possible to get your Skills approved in 3-10 days. The processing time for one of our applicants was 3 months from the initial application for Skills Assessment to the grant of the visa.
Has Australia Skilled Migration been recently closed?
There has been a lot of confusion and chaos regarding some visas becoming obsolete, however, the offshore Skilled Migration Program for subclass 189, 190 & 489 remain unchanged. A lot of occupations on the Department of Home Affairs lists of eligible occupations make it possible for overseas applicants who intend to permanently migrate to Australia be eligible over those who intend to come to Australia for a temporary stay or a work permit.
- List of Occupations for Independent PR Visa Subclass 189
- List of Occupations for State Nominated Visas Subclasses 190 & 489
Is it easier to get to Australia on a Study visa?
A student visa is essentially a non-immigrant temporary stay visa which. Though it takes a shorter duration to obtain this visa, the path to permanent residence, however, can be very long and cumbersome under this visa option:
- Under the student visa obtaining 7.0 bands, each becomes mandatory while for an Offshore Skilled Migrant Visa a score of 6.0 ban s each can also be sufficient, depending upon the points calculation.
- Under the student visa, an applicant is required to spend thousands of dollars before becoming eligible for PR, whereas an Offshore Skilled Migrant is eligible to apply for PR based on his/her current profile.
- Due to the changes in Immigration policy and frequent occupation lists revision, a student can be stranded/ineligible to apply for PR if the occupation is removed after completion of his/her studies. However, an Offshore Skilled Migrant does not have to face such uncertainties as the critical stages of the visa are usually completed before the occupation lists are revised.
Are self-employed or those working in family businesses eligible?
Yes, and this is a very important question- as there are myths and falsified information by many consultants that those self-employed are not eligible to apply for Migration/PR. Many of our clients who get their Migrant visas are either the business owners/self-employed or working within family businesses with their parents, spouse or other family members as the employers.
What is the right time to start the Immigration process?
Although there is no deadline to start your Migrant visa application process, the right time is always NOW! Logically speaking, whenever the occupation lists [most of which are a short time and valid for 6 months] are revised it is an ideal time to get started around that time as you can be sure that your immigration visa steps will be easily completed within that time span before the lists undergo further changes. Since the lists have been last revised on 17 January 2018, this is a great time to begin your application process.